Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's not good bye, it's see you soon.....

Hi everyone!!

It's been a few days since I wrote last, but I've been busy enjoying a visit with my mom from California.  The girls and I picked her up from the San Antonio airport last Friday, it was so great to have her here.  We hadn't seen her since Adrian and I got married in 2009.  Of course 7 days is not nearly a long of enough visit, but I'm very grateful for the time we had.  Sadie had the greatest time with her.  They played constantly, (coffee tea party).  It was so great to see my daughter enjoy her grandma.  Olivia did well with her too.  Mom is awesome with kids, it's going to be hard to meet Sadie's expectations from now on... Momo Janis is just too much fun. We didn't do very much while she was here, just mostly hung out at home and relaxed.  I worked during the week, and mom stayed home with Olivia.  I must say I felt very spoiled having her around.  My coffee in the morning was just a little better because I was sharing it with her, dishes weren't so bad because she was right there with me, and the overall effect of having my mommy here is just too hard to put into words....
Today, mom went back to California.  It was a hard goodbye for Sadie this morning, before dropping her off at school,  I think she feels like she will never see Momo again.  The drive to San Antonio seemed so short today, and before I knew it we were at the Southwest terminal.  I hugged her long and hard, and thanked her for coming to see us.  Olivia was sleeping, and thankfully had know idea what was going on, because I don't think I could have handled two heartbroken children.  When I picked up Sadie from school, she was so sad.  She kept asking for her Momo over and over again. I kept telling her that we would see her again soon, and not to be so sad.  She did better, until bedtime.  My poor baby was crying for her momo so bad,  I had to leave the room because I was crying just as hard.  It hurt me so bad to see my baby so upset, and I had no way to make it better.  I decided to call my mom, and ask her to speak with Sadie, I thought it might help for her to hear from her.... My mom promised her a coffee tea party :), over the phone with her on Saturday morning.  Sadie was still sad when they hung up and it was a good 10 minutes or so before I could get her to completely calm down.  I know she will be ok, but it's so hard on the heart to see her that way.
It was a great week, and I can't wait until my parents are here for good (5 more years).  There is nothing like having your mommy around.  It's been a long day, and I'm emotionally drained.  I hope y'all had a wonderful week!

So until my next dance with the well :)


No comments:

Post a Comment