Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I do, and I will....

If your a mom and a wife your going to relate to this post. If your not, and hope to be, I hope you can still enjoy...

In my opinion, moms and wives have one of the most demanding jobs ever.  You are on call 24/7, your a maid, cook, chauffeur, nurse. Your overworked and underpaid.   I'll admit there are times when I want to lock myself in the bathroom, and hide, just for some time to myself. So, mornings are when I take the time to be selfish, and think of myself for just a little bit.  I wake up an hour before anyone else, make myself a cup of coffee, and sit quietly for a good 20 minutes.  I take this opportunity to reflect, to pray and to prepare myself for the day.  The rest of the hour is spent making hubby's lunch, packing the diaper bag, and setting out Sadie's clothes.  When that hour ends, the chaos begins... Sadie and hubby are not morning people, so it takes them forever to get up and going.  Olivia wakes up hungry, so her cereal and juice better be ready. Getting out the door is not a easy task... Did I grab my purse, diaper bag, and anything Sadie may need?? Sure hope so.. lol.  Once Olivia gets dropped off at Grandma's, and Sadie gets dropped off at school, it's off to work I go.  I put in my time at the office and then before I know it, it's time to pick up kids again.. I cook dinner everynite and that is always a challenge.  It's hard to come up with different things to make.  Once I get that figured out, then I can vacuum, wash clothes, play with the kids, pay bills. I anxiously await the hubby coming home, so I can have some adult conversation.  Although, if you know my husband, you know he isn't very talkative, but having him home makes my family of 4 complete. We eat dinner, I clean up the kitchen, put kids in the bath, and then into bed,  I take a bath, sit with the hubby and watch a little tv.  By now, I'm exhausted and can't keep my eyes open, so it's off to bed I go... And do it all again the next day... Being a mom and wife is hard, it's not about you anymore, and it probably won't be for a very long time.  All in all, it is the most rewarding job I have ever had. Especially when Sadie says, " Your the best mom ever."  If your a mom, you know how much those words can melt your heart.  Let's just hope she still feels that way in 10 years...lol.

No one can ever prepare you for motherhood, or being a wife.  You learn as you go,  you make a routine, and you figure it out day by day... Some days you won't stop smiling, other days you'll just want to cry.
But the one thing I have learned is that I can't imagine my life without my husband and kids, and they couldn't survive without me..hehe, just kidding...

I love my life, and am truly blessed.  I hope & pray my readers have felt this, or one day will...


Til my fingers dance again..... love & happiness <3

No comments:

Post a Comment